Friday, January 28, 2011

Finally Friday! :)

Hello Friends!!
Hope you are all doing well!! I can't believe it is almost the end of January!  Soon it will be Valentine's Day!

Not too  much going on this weekend!  My sewing machine is getting a little tune up. I have a one day retreat next Saturday and then the next weekend is my "Young Chicks" sewing retreat.  We are a group of gals that have been meeting for about 5 years now. It is super fun, but I must confess, I tend to like the socializing part more than the sewing part!  I can sew anytime I want at home, since I don't have two-leggged kids.  Alot of the Young Chicks are moms, so it is such a wonderful time for them to be able to get away for some sewing and friend-fun!  

The hard part about retreats is that I really miss Annabelle and Zoey!  Oh!! And Paul too! :)  Sometimes he will bring the girls for a little visit, depending on how far away from home I am.   I guess it is good that after 17 years, I still miss my hubby when I am away!

Hope you all have a super great weekend!!  Here's a picture, just in case you wanted to see two precious faces! :)  I caught Annabelle in the act of playing with an ornament on my tree!!  I had to snap a shot of that cuteness!!!  As you can see, I am not a very good at discipline!

Oh my goodness! Zoey was SO tired! :) 


6 comments:

Cyndi said...

Hi there, Shannon! I hope you have lots of fun at your Young Chicks retreat. And as usual, Annabelle and Zoey are too cute for words! (Love Annabelle's little tongue sticking out! :o)

XOXO,

Cyndi

rjerdee said...

Happy stitching...I once went away on a quilting retreat...the pressure was on, though. It was all about sewing a quilt in one overnight. I don't think I ever finished it...but I had a lot of fun.

Linda K said...

I know that you must miss the pups something awful when you go away ( oh yeah hubby too ) but have fun with the "chicks"!

D. Jean Quarles said...

Hope you have all fully recovered from the holidays. Zoey and Annabelle seem to still be trying to snap out of it.

Brandy@YDK said...

hope you had fun at your girls retreat. that sounds awesome. and your bullies are so pretty

Jen Majors Yoga said...

your girls are beautiful!!!. I also don't have any 2 legged children. My husband and I just lost our baby blu' (4 legged) back in June, but I still consider myself a dog mommy. My hubby and I have been married for 12 years and I love crafts! Seems like we have a lot in common! Found your blog from Brandy's post over at You Don't Know....