Saturday, June 19, 2010

Crazy June, Annabelle and my new look

Good Saturday Morning, Friends!
How does life get so crazy?  WOW!  I went on vacation for a week, had a great time, then spent 4 days in bed with a horrible migraine, went back to work for a day, then out of town for a conference for three days, back home for 12 hours, then off to a quilt retreat for the weekend, back home for a day and then Annabelle had several seizures and she spent a couple of days at the University of Wisconsin Vet hospital and I was a wreck!  She is better now and we are in the midst of working with the docs to see what the best thing to do for her is in terms of medications.  She had a "special" heart that doesn't work properly, so that complicates things too. We knew this when we brought her home two years ago, but I had already fallen in love with her via e-mail pictures, so no way was I leaving her with the breeder. I don't think anyone else would have taken her and she was already in my heart. So, we decided to get Zoey, too, so that Annabelle would have a familiar friend with her at her new home. So they are really twins, who don't look alike at all!  Two years later Annabelle is still with us, though the breeder didn't think we'd have her for two months.  SO glad she was wrong.  Anyway, this has been a CRAZY month!  I joined a "Vintage Vacation" swap and it is a lot of fun collecting things for my new friends! :)

I hope you all have a great weekend!  I am still working on my new look, but haven't had a chance to connect with Michelle to get it finished.   I need a little special help, because I know NOTHING about computers or the blog world. I am luck to get a post posted!

Take care!  Love and big hug,
Shannon :)

3 comments:

D. Jean Quarles said...

Oh my, I'm so sorry about Annabelle. I hope she is better soon. She is so fortunate to have you.

zandra said...

Hope you had a great 4th. Hi, from New Jersey. Glad to meet another sister. Zoey is so doggone cute!
Hugz,
Zandra

Drawn to The Sea said...

Sweet pups & the sea... my favorite subjects. I'm going to enjoy your blog :-)

One of these days I will tell you about my girl, who also had a "special heart". She lived almost 20 years.

No matter how long the life, their love is amazing.

Julia~