Saturday, May 29, 2010

A few days away

Good Morning Friends!

We are going on a little trip today!  I don't know how I am going to make it for a week without two things. My sewing  machine and my lap top!  My precious husband, Paul, says I can't take it with me, but I am going to try to sneak it in somehow.  Then, when I am catching up with my friends in blog land, he can watch one of his movies! That is a good compromise, don't you think?

I have packed many quilting magazines and a couple of quilting books!  I have even tucked in a kit that I want to work on. I figure that I can work on getting the fabrics organized. That way I'll still have a few quilty things with me!  

Annabelle and Zoey are ready for the trip too!  I bought Zoey a new swimsuit and Annabelle has a cute cover up for when we are on the beach.  She is white and can burn,so I have to be extra careful with her!

I say "beach", but it is not the ocean beach.  We are going to Door County, Wisconsin which is the "thumb" of Wisconsin when you look on the map.  We have a house rented right on Lake Michigan, which is as close to the ocean as I can get.  There are big waves that come in, so the sound is beautiful!

We have a friend who is staying at our house for the week, so all my flowers will get watered!  I'll post a picture when I get back. My front porch flowers are growing so fast!

Take care everyone and have safe Memorial Day Weekend!

Love,
Shannon :)

2 comments:

Linda K said...

Sounds like a nice time is in store for all. Take lots of pics of the pups!

D. Jean Quarles said...

Hello!

Not only am I your newest follower, but I'm also your Vintage Vacation Swap-per er person/friend or something anyway . . . I was soooooo very excited to get your name.

Can't wait to hear about your vacation. Since you've been to the beach or lake, I'll have to come up with something else, hmmmm, I've got an idea. Talk to you soon.